Friday, January 14, 2011

Quotes I like

Quotes from my favorite author, C.S. Lewis.

Hope Through a Window, mixed media art on a vintage window

I found the above on Etsy, art on a window using text from one of his quotes.

"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally – and often far more – worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond."

"Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do."

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me."

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."


"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival."

"There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." (hehe from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)

"Write about what really interests you, whether it is real things or imaginary things, and nothing else."

Narnian Skyes

2 comments:

beka said...

i love c.s. quotes!! these are really good:)

Lucy The Valiant said...

Yay for c.s. lewis quotes!! I have "We read to know we are not alone." up in my classroom!