Well, the shred workout is really hard. I knew it would be! I want to say that I don't think I will be able to do 30 consecutive days in a row of this. Whether you are even supposed to is unclear. I googled it! Jillian was quoted as saying you need 2 days of rest a week when exercising, yet this 30 day shred seems like it's supposed to be 30 days with no break.
Let me just say, I had to take a break already. I used my once a month womanly card to sit out on Sunday. I don't want to take another day off, but if I do, it's ok. I am not competing, I am not expecting to become skinny in 30 days. I am just testing this out and it's a good workout. And I think it's already working! On my legs at least. They were the most sore and now they are hardly sore at all. I read horror stories about how sore people were the day after doing the 30 Day Shred for the first time. It wasn't as bad as I expected - BUT I was not able to do every single jump. I guess if I did every...single...jumpy move, it would have been worse. I did maybe 85% of the movements, I couldn't do 100%.
I took my measurements so that if I didn't see the scale moving, I could see those results instead. I will let you know how it turns out. I like that this is a 30 day thing, not too long right? I can do it...I can suffer these 30 days!
I started a little journal document with how I feel each day after doing it. Short entries to remind myself of the process, and I will share them here until it's over! Numbers represent the day.
30 Day Shred, Day:
- I couldn’t keep up with every movement. So tiring!!! Felt like puking afterward(literally), but I didn’t. This is hard...Next morning, I am sore but not as bad as I thought it’d be.
- Still can’t do every movement. Felt less pukey afterward. Still very hard.
- Less exhausted after today, but I can’t do every jump and such. Still sore. (days 1-3 done in evening)
- Woke up less sore, much less sore than the night before. I took a day of rest today.
- Did it a little while after lunch today. I had more stamina for the cardio, but I can’t do all the jumping movements continuously, still. All that matters is that I am moving at least.