Monday, October 25, 2010

Last day in my twenties...

Yes today is the last day my age will start with a 2! I will spend the day as a 29 year old. Tomorrow I turn the big 3-0. I have mixed feelings. I don't see 30 as old but I guess I just can't believe I will be 30. 30 is a nice sounding age.

A quote that sums up how I will be feeling tomorrow, from C.S. Lewis(my favorite author!):

"Thirty was so strange for me. I've really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult."


My sister shared that quote with me again yesterday. I had read it not long ago while looking through other quotes from him.

The concert on Saturday was really fun and really relaxing all at the same time. We took our son and one of my good friends came along. Everyone enjoyed it, even Kavi! It made me like Jars of Clay even more. I hadn't listened to them for a few years gap of time so I am also catching up on the songs I missed out on!

It was hard to get good pictures, but here are two to give you an idea:

Before the concert started, as everyone was finding seats and getting ready for it.

Jars of Clay

Can I just share some eye candy now? Since I usually post fashion or decor inspiration on Mondays. I still wanted to add it in.

Also with turning thirty I wonder, am I supposed to dress a little different or can I just be the same? haha What a funny thing to think about. I know I can be the same, but it's that weird feeling of entering a new decade that makes you re-evaluate things about yourself. I haven't even gotten my skinny jeans yet. I assume skinny jeans on a 30 year old is acceptable? They better be!
I will partake of that trend, just you wait and see.

5 comments:

Fallon said...

Hey I really like Jars of Clay! Happy you saw them in concert. Enjoy your last 29th day =)

I think you can still dress the same for the rest of your life! There doesn't seem to be such a thing as "old" anymore!

Angela said...

I remember turning 30 and feeling the same way. I think you are only as old as you feel. As for me, I feel about 26. Yes, you can dress any way you want. Glad you had a good time at the concert!

The inspiration pics are really inspiring to me today! I have been thinking of different backgrounds for my photos and I think that newspaper one might make a great one for photographing bright items.

Rayleaf said...

I am not looking forward to turning 30... Have a good one!!

beka said...

Ooooh... the green chair in front of that cool wall? Ahh!
Sweet dress. Love it.
That pale blue room and the bench seat is positively refreshing:)

Hey! You're only 10 yrs older than me... :) February I turn 20. Randomly, I can honestly say that the difference between last yr and this yr is dramatic. In my relationship with God, and just how life is...has been...the traditions and happenings of last year are past... it's strange sometimes. Sigh.

Jars looks awesome! Glad you guys enjoyed it:)

stacey said...

Ohhhh I turned 30 last december... I was over my twenties & ready for my big day, but I still felt so old! Now I am excited to say I'm 31 soon... or to say I am in my 30's- it leaves a little mystery;)

You have a very cute blog & I love your shop!

Have a wonderful birthday!