Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tagged...

by Tia of Christoper and Tia (contributor to The Mama Dramalogues). I was first tipped off about The Mama Dramalogues by my mom. :) And I have been enjoying reading Tia's blog as well.

So I have been tagged to answer the following questions about writing! I assume this can be about blogging or any writing!

What word do you use too much in your writing?
Cute, nice, also, especially


Which words do you consider overused in stuff you read?
Hmmm, well on blogs..."quite" "lovely"(well I use that one a lot too!). In media "viral" or "it's gone viral" seems to be the new overused thing.


What's your favourite piece of writing (written by you)?
Hmm I think it would be one of my papers I wrote in college. This is nerdy, but one favorite was a paper about plastic surgery and consumerism. (for a "consumer culture" class, I graduated with a Sociology degree so, haha).


Regrets, do you have a few? Is there anything you wish you hadn't written?
Not really. On my other blog in the past maybe I would rant too much sometimes. Nothing was mean, but it would be passionate about something I was thinking. That could be a good thing, but I just don't like ranting all the time.

How has your writing made a difference?
For me, it has given me an outlet and also a good time passer. I enjoy writing this blog especially as I needed a hobby like this at this time in my life.

Favourite words
cornucopia(hah I never use it though), gobbledygook, as well

Least favourite words
Swear words (keeping Tia's answer!). And sorry if anyone loves or should I say luvz it, I mean no offense, but LOLcat gets on my nerves! :D I don't want to see "haz" used in every sentence. I like a little silly talk too, but not ALL the time!


Do you have a writing mentor, role model or inspiration?
In the paper writing sense, C.S. Lewis. I love his work. I have loved it a long time and both his theological writings and his fiction are my favorites. He really makes me think, imagine and feel inspired. He digs very deep.

Writing Ambition?
I don't have lots of it, but I did start a children's fiction book before I was pregnant. That was over two years ago! I still have most of the story in my head but need to write it down and that may take years! But I am going to do it, even if only my family reads it.

tagging time!!
Melanie, Angela, Audrey, and Evelyn you're all tagged!

2 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

How interesting, I love getting to know blog authors better! Thanks for sharing! xoxo Agnes

Unknown said...

What word do you use too much in your writing?

your basic filler words, mostly: than, said, I, the main character's first name,



Which words do you consider overused in stuff you read?

depends on the genre and time period it was written in. ... although, most of the books i've read recently have been pretty good about word diversity. it bothers me, though, when an author uses a really good word, and then overuses that word. ruins it.


What's your favourite piece of writing (written by you)?

at the moment, my favorite piece is "Awake", even though it's only in its outline stage. but i've had the plot around me for quite a long time and i'm in love with that little world ;)


Regrets, do you have a few? Is there anything you wish you hadn't written?

there is one, and it's been published! i have a feeling it might have gotten me out of a few legitimate jobs because when you search my name in google, it's the first thing that comes up.


How has your writing made a difference?

for me, other than God and my earthly relationships, writing is my absolute favorite thing to do. it takes me out of whatever might be bothering me ... a quiet little place in my head in my own world with my own fabricated people.


Favourite words

snarky. it just sounds like exactly what it is :)


Least favourite words

i'll have to say "swear words" too ... sadly, they've got their place sometimes (a time for everything, right?), but when they're over-repeated (such as in some movies), it takes me right out of the story.
... and it's not one word, but when a "bad guy" says, "time to die!" it just smacks of cheesiness.


Do you have a writing mentor, role model or inspiration?

it keeps changing. i like Jhumpa Lahiri a lot for modern stuff. Oscar Wilde has always been my favorite "classic" writer. and as strange as it might sound, the TV show Lost has inspired a lot of my writing ... it's an incredibly crafted plot!


Writing Ambition?

I would love to be published and be able to quit my day job ;) maybe it'll work out better than my rock star ambition!