Friday, September 18, 2009

Our 5th wedding anniversary! + Finds

Today me and my wonderful husband are married for five years! Wow!! Memories of that day, and that time in our lives, are still so vivid to me. September 18th, 2004. Our wedding was a mix of American and Indian elements. My bridesmaids wore Salwar Kameez while the groomsmen wore black suits and ties. I wore an Indian outfit called a Lengha Choli. I will just show you some pictures for fun! They are not the best but will do. A walk down memory lane...

Bridesmaids, my sis maid of honor in the red(the shortest one hehehe). Bangles and big beautiful earrings were worn by all of us women in the wedding.

Ring bearer and flower girl. She is wearing an outfit
I bought her on my first visit to India.
She's wearing cute little bangles too!

The wedding party

Me and my mom before the wedding

A better look at my outfit, taken years later:
This outfit,the lengha choli, has a cool story. My husband got it made for me while he was in India, before our wedding. I gave the measurements, and told him to colors I wanted. He searched and bargained and got this gorgeous ensemble made custom for me. I didn't have much time before the wedding to finally wear try it on in case it didn't fit, so it just had to. And it did! Pictures don't capture the beauty and heavy golden embroidery and metallic work. This cost about $200 in India, and in the US it would have been probably 5 times that price. By the way, mine did not show my stomach, no way did I want to show that! haha. But most pictures of lengha cholis will show a much short top.

And because I can't get enough of Etsy, here are some love and anniversary inspired items!


You and Me. Greeting card $4

Oh Happy Day- blank greeting card $5

Lovebirds personalized dish $20

I have written this entry ahead of time and scheduled it to post today. Me, hubby, and our son will be out most of the day driving towards coastal areas south of here just for fun and to stop by places we've never been. Tiny slivers of land connected by small bridges, and lots of beach scenery. I hope the weather is good enough! It should be a very fun outing today.

4 comments:

stefanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a beautiful wedding and my wishes for a beautiful life :)

considerthelillies said...

happy anniversary baby!! that was one of the happiest days ever!

Cancha-diction said...

love the etsy items. especially the first one with the cute cartoon. siiigh to be in looove.