Monday, September 7, 2009

Lovely Labor Day

I have had a nice day, mostly relaxing at home. My husband, son and I had a nice weekend overall! No BBQs or big parties, but still saw some people here and there and I ate too much food! Today I tried to eat less.

An item of mine was part of a feature on a nice blog called "the creative JAR", please take a visit! :)

I added three new pillows to TheCozyNest today. One of them is now reserved for a friend, the plaid one!
I have more of this plaid fabric, and will make a couple more items. I think it's nice to have a more "manly" look available in the shop as well. I have enough fabric in the middle pic for two more pillow covers (one 16x16, one 12x16).

I also experimented with making a little clutch bag. It was an "oops" because fabric bunched in one area and I didn't have a needed material(elastic cord) so I improvised just to practice. But I plan to try again and hope to have some available in my shop in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I like the plaid one a lot, too. With the polar bear, it gives a homey feel, very nice. We have an old futon for a couch right now. I think when we get a "real" couch (hopefully soon), I will consider some lovely pillows. I also like the pattern combos you used on the first one. They're colors and patterns I would never have imagined, and they look quite good together.

What I like about your clutch bag is that it opens like a satchel, so it would be easier to dig stuff out of it I think.

Glad you had a nice holiday, my husband and I just grilled out for the last time for this year.

:)
Kara

Christina said...

Thanks Kara for the nice comments! MMMM grilling sounds yummy! :)

polly conway said...

The bear pillow is great! It's hard to find "manly" throw pillows. :)