Friday, June 18, 2010

Flashback Friday: 80's Family

This would be probably 1985 but I am not totally sure. The fam! Look at my mom's perm hehe. And my hair(I'm on the right) is either pulled back into a hair clip or is one of those 80's mullets! My little sissy was so little. And my dad had a good 80's hair style going on too!

You can probably tell by this picture that he is a really good father. Even though it was just us two girls and no son for him to play with, he always said he was very happy to just have girls. I take after him in many ways. He plays guitar well. I learned to play when I as 16 and he taught me a lot about it. (But I am not good at all compared to him!! I never got around to learning the complicated chords, oops). He has always been a hard working, affectionate father. He is also a good example in life. He has been a preacher for almost my whole life. He is well liked and respected by so many people. I am very blessed to have a father like him!

Post a flashback to play along! Visit Christopher and Tia:
Flashback Friday Button

----------------------------------------------
If you haven't yet, don't forget to enter the necklace giveaway!

I am heading to the Etsy Craft Party tonight! I will write about how it was! I am excited!

9 comments:

Devon said...

I love that picture!!! (I am guessing Mullet on the hair.. LOL!)

I never knew your dad was a preacher!!

Alyssa S. said...

Ah, the 80's :) I remember those days. Your Dad DOES look so happy, so obviously, he doesn't mind only having girls! Great pic.

considerthelillies said...

my hair was a little over the top! You girls and dad look soooo sweet! We have many happy times to look back on!

CourtneyKeb said...

Daddy's of girls always have something extra special in their hearts.
Ya'll do look like a very happy family!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Oh my gosh! You look like a little perfect dolly! Your mom's hair looks just like MY mom's hair did! Too funny:)

Jennifer said...

Awww, that's a fun shot!

Ray said...

Hi Stina..Yes I was and still am truly happy to have my precious daughters...Thank you for saying nice things about your old papa..It touched my heart...You have made me so proud and happy to have you as my daughter....and thanks for my sweet Kavi,,,I have a boy to love now too..

TexasBobbi said...

Girl I am going be honest and say the first I did when I saw this picture was laugh at the perm hair. My mom rocked the same style, luckily though my hair was to curly to rock the mullet style. My Daddy never had a son either just me and he was also a great dad.

Tia Colleen said...

I'm pretty sure my mom and I had those exact same hairstyles, at the exact same time, during the 80s. She had the perm, I had the mullet.

Thats sweet, that he loves his girls so much <3