Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vintage Thursday



So I did pick things that all had a certain background for today's post! From two different shops: Capricious Traveler (clothing items) and OliveVintage (brass items) I just love that songsheet background.

Yesterday me, Kavi and my mom went to another cute downtown area not far from here in Attalla. Their little downtown is mostly just antique shops. There is one shop there that has the same name as one of my etsy shops, The Cozy Nest! And I love that store. It sells mostly childrens items. They also have various handmade things and fresh potpourri ingredients to make your own mix, or buy a premade mix. They all smell so good. The whole shop was 30% off. I just bought a couple Christmas items and a little ornament for Kavi with Elmo on it(one of his recent favorites from Sesame Street).

In a store next to The Cozy Nest called Blossom Antiques, everything was 50% off. I got a very pretty locket brooch. It doesn't look vintage to me because it's in such nice condition, but I guess it could be? I am just not sure. I just that know I love it and got it for $5.

This morning I felt like I needed a bucket load of coffee, but instead I just had a cup and a half. My son has been waking me up in the middle of the night the past few nights. Today it was from 4:30am-6am, waking up here and there, wanting to use the bathroom three times. But it was cold in the bedroom. The heat wasn't clicking on properly and that might be why he kept waking up. I felt very exhausted and frustrated though. I just wanted to sleep, undisturbed. Let's hope tonight is better! I'd love to be able to sleep undisturbed through the night again one day! :P

1 comment:

Angela said...

The locket is really pretty - great deal too!

I hope Kavi sleeps well tonight :)