Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Night: Dresses

I never wear a dress these days. I would like to have something to wear a dress to sometimes. But I am definitely not the type who wants to wear a dress every day. I like my jeans. I can dress up jeans with a nice shirt and accessories. But still, if I had a good reason to wear a pretty dress, it would be fun.

So I found some dresses on polyvore to share.

The first set is just all around cute in my opinion. I'd like to have all these items.

I would hope this dress above looked cute ON. Sometimes you can't tell unless you try it on, right? The dress you think you'd like the most may look horrible on you, while a dress you hardly noticed at first looks great. It's a tricky thing!

This next set is dresses that may not be very exciting but they are the type of dresses I might try on for a couple of reasons. I think they would be flattering. They seem like they'd hang away from the body slightly to cover over the not so lovely areas! The material looks like a more stiff cotton, which also hangs better on me and hides things that NEED hiding! Look at that cute bird necklace too...
I bought a dress made out of jean material like the one in the middle once for a casual wedding. It hung very nicely! So that's why I put that in there.

As for this weekend so far...
Today we saw some friends I hadn't seen in awhile, who had never met my husband yet! Living in separate states and other timing issues always seemed to come in the way of them meeting my hubby. So they met and I think they got along well! It's too bad they live all the way in Ohio now! We had a very nice time. :)

1 comment:

considerthelillies said...

really cute dresses and I love the bird necklace!