Monday, November 16, 2009

Vintage Shop Feature: Ginger Kisses

Today I am featuring GingerKisses, a vintage shop on Etsy that opened a few months ago. Something I really like about this shop are the shoes that are for sale! I often look through vintage shops on Etsy these days. I look for items to feature once a week here, and finding the right shoes for a vintage outfit is not always easy. So now I notice those kinds of things for putting together ensembles!
I asked them to write something about themselves that I could share on the blog. It turns out the shop is run by two sisters. How fun! So here is a little in their own words:

We're two sisters (one, a child of the 70's, the other of the 80's) who grew up loving to play dress-up! Anything we could get our hands on we would make into a fun outfit. Ginger Kisses grew out of a dream I (Breanne) have of opening a vintage boutique. We both were starting to develop great vintage collections, and also finding other amazing pieces that we wanted to share.

So, one spring afternoon, we decided to just make it happen! Our shop is also a little different because Kathleen is based out of Denver and I am in New York studying fashion design. This works out wonderfully because we have double the areas to scour for unique vintage items! We love to check out estate sales, yard sales, and to also get in contact with our mother's friends who have amazing pieces and are happy to share their clothing memories.
-Breanne @ Ginger Kisses
Stop by their shop! In their shop announcement they write "Welcome to Ginger Kisses, a cozy little nook for all things fabulous and vintage. Take a look around and hopefully something will tickle your fancy!" Very welcoming, wouldn't you say? :)

No comments: