Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Packing

1. Little Miss Traveler Suitcase, 2. suitcases, 3. vintage suitcases as side table, 4. Suitcase-Front
Fun Flickr Finds - Makes packing look fun doesn't it?

Today I'll be packing for a little trip up to Alabama to visit my family. A close family friend (Nancy) has family there and asked if I'd like to ride up with her tomorrow. We will come home Monday. Of course my husband wasn't thrilled with the idea, since it would mean he'd be all alone! But he knew my family misses Kavi and there are going to be some fun festivities while we are up there that Kavi will enjoy.

It's not that my husband and I can't handle being apart. I'd say we are used to that after he was in India and I was here at the beginning of our relationship. And a couple times he has gone back to visit India without me. But it's more an issue of missing Kavi's moments! And at this age, it goes so fast. :) But it will be fine.

Packing for my son has gotten easier now that he's 20 months old. It was very hard in my opinion to pack every thing that was needed when he was an infant! But we did it anyway, taking several drives to Alabama(averaging 9 hours). Plus he has been on a long flight to India and he survived that, while I somehow survived the packing. :P I had a meltdown the day before we left for India while I was packing. It is so stressful to make sure you have everything a 1 year old might need on a 14-15 hour long, overnight flight, in carry-on bags. hehe.

Anyway, I will need to do more laundry and pack everything up by tonight!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!!