Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall is REALLY here...

...for most of the country! I have been reading status updates from various facebook friends, many are about weather and cool temperatures. Some are happy about it while some aren't so happy about it. I'm guessing that those who are not happy about it foresee a long winter ahead and feel that they won't really get a break from the cold air for months and months. And then those of us tired of hot temperatures are always happy when the air cools down!

If you are feeling a chill, please go look at my mother's shop where she sells adorable and affordable crocheted items like this one:
I made my mother some pillow covers recently. It was her birthday last month and she asked me to make some for her. I sent her a lot of fabric choice ideas and this is the choice she went with, which I also LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Below is the pillow cover on her red couch up in Alabama. This pillow cover is now for sale in my shop as well, since I have enough fabric to make a couple more of these. The colors are vibrant and perfect for fall.





Below are pillow covers I made for a friend last year, custom ordered. I cut all the leaves out of felt and hand sewed them on with embroidery thread.


I also have a couple more fall themed pillows in progress which I would like to have done by Sunday night to list on Etsy soon. I should have done this a MONTH ago and I feel a little behind with fall themed items since soon Christmas will be the theme. Oye!

No comments: