Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Recent activities

I thought that I would post a summary of what I have been up to recently.

Making fun picture effects on picnik.com. This one was first "1960's" followed by "HDR-ish".

This one was the best! We went to Downtown Disney on Saturday! It's in Orlando right in the same area as Disneyworld. But Downtown Disney is free. Free parking, free to walk around. It was a rainy day but we went anyway. We walked through the rain to go eat at the Rainforest Cafe, which is located there. We hadn't been to one in almost 6 years. It's a treat!

It was Kavi's first time and he was unsure at first. It IS a lot of take in, it's so fun and decked out with fake rainforest-like trees and animals. Lots of rainforest sounds, moving animals, and fake thunder and lighting storms every so often. We had a blast! When we were done eating, most of the rain was gone.

Then we walked around for awhile outside. There are lots of Disney shops, toy shops, snack and treat shops, and fun! We took Kavi on a little kiddie train ride they had. We watched an audience dance along to dances shown by a guy on a stage. It was a wonderful time, despite the soggy weather.
Then...
Sunday I set up that cool frog tent for my son to play in. We got it on clearance at Target in Feb 2009 for like $8! Can you believe it? Then yesterday I made eggplant parmesan for dinner. It was so good! I have eaten eggplant parm many times, how could I not since I am part Italian! But I had never made it myself. I gave a recipe a go and loved it! Check out the recipe.

I've also been making lots of new jewelry! And then taking lots of pictures, then editing all those pictures, then listing them on Etsy. Whew! It takes awhile! I don't have everything listed yet that is in the picture above, just some. And I have more things that still need pictures taken.

Sometimes life can get boring and repetitive, so I am happy that we have done some things lately that aren't the usual. I am glad I have motivation for making new Etsy stuff too.

5 comments:

thestoryofkat said...

i could totally go for eating some homemade eggplant parmesan in a frog tent....sounds like a great way to relax, LOL!

palmandpineblog said...

The froggie tent is too cute!

<3,
natasha @ twenty-something blog
http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

Oh, My Darling said...

Loving all the new jewelry!

beka said...

Mmmm, eggplant parmesan! :)
Swwet pics, dear.

Angela said...

It is fun to get out of a rut, isn't it? That frog tent is way cute!

We only had rain one day but it has been cooler (by which I mean 90 degrees) here so I have enjoyed it- but wouldn't mind a bit more rain.