Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Needing Motivation

I'm trying to get my creative juices flowing again, along with trying to actually want to spend time making something. I don't know if it's just that I don't feel like it or need a burst of creativity to get restarted. I haven't made anything new in a couple weeks. I have two pairs of earrings I made weeks ago and haven't listed yet. I finally took pictures of them this morning so that I can list them soon.

I bought some simple fabrics for new pillow ideas, but haven't made them yet. I felt so creative and was really into making things before Christmas, but those were gifts. Then going away for Christmas, coming home and Kavi getting sick then me getting sick has thrown me off.

I don't have much time during the day to create. If I sell in either of my Etsy shops, I use the morning to pack the orders before the mailman comes. I have more time to make things at night, especially after Kavi is asleep. But then I end up using that extra time to do nothing and just sit around and watch TV. haha. But when I do take the time to brainstorm and make something new, I feel happier afterward.

Oh- here are pictures of items I made for Christmas presents!

3 comments:

considerthelillies said...

all your handmade gifts are such treasures! I love them alllll!!!!

Angela said...

That happens to me all the time!!It was really bad after I did the art show last June. I worked my tail off to get ready for it...I did so poorly at the show that it really did something to my creative spirit. During Christmas I was feeling really creative-wanting to make all kinds of stuff, but I couldn't because I had to paint ornaments. When I finally had time, I got sick too!

That is really why I signed up for the "Style School" class- to make myself try new things...and get off my butt! I suggest you pick up a craft magazine the next time you are at Wal-Mart. Tell yourself that you have to make 5 items from the magazine and then maybe even randomly select page numbers (just so you HAVE to step out of your box!) Then, you HAVE to give us a tutorial- that way you will have to finish what you started!

So, how do you like how I just told you what to do? ha ha

Christina said...

haha I liked it! :D Very good ideas. Thanks Angela!