Friday, January 29, 2010

Flashback Friday: 2 years ago, big and pregnant!

I wanted to join in to this week's theme, but I had no pics on the computer available for it! I definitely have similar pics as Tia, from around the same period of time! But not scanned. :(

So I am sharing one more mom/baby related picture for now! I'm sorry if the theme has been too often from me lately, but it's what I have. Since my son officially turns two on Monday, I thought it would be fun to share my last pregnancy picture before he was born! So it would have been almost two years ago exactly. I was 39 weeks pregnant.


I felt good overall, although this picture was only a week or less before Kavi was born. I always notice that women's noses get swollen during pregnancy and my whole face also looks swollen at this point but especially my nose, so funny to me! You don't even notice it until a couple months later when you look at the pics and think, wow my face looked different near the end! I am a self-conscious person so I kind of had to get brave to post this picture! It's the arm flab issue and fat face look that makes me go eee, but since I was pregnant I feel a little more brave about posting it and can blame being a little swollen and 9 months pregnant! ;) heehee. (What's my excuse these days?)

I liked my belly sticking out and having a nice reason to not worry about it sticking out. But I didn't have the perfect round belly thing going on until near the end when I was ready to pop!

I love participating in this, but I have to tell ya, I always feel like I am scrambling to find an old picture to use, because I don't have a scanner. I end up being able to use something. But soon I hope I can odd more photos onto the computer somehow from long ago yesteryears! :)

Click below to join in! It's fun!
Flashback Friday Button

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel ya...not too many pics were taken of my while I was preggers either.

cabin + cub said...

Cute photo! I am 22 weeks today... so less than half way to go! ;)

Devon said...

I never noticed that people's faces get puffy... lol... now that's the second thing I'm going to notice when I see a pregnant woman (the stomach being the first, obviously). Man, I hope my nose doesn't swell if/when I have kids! It's already big enough!!

Happy almost Birthday to Kavi!!

Tia Colleen said...

Awww, don't feel self concious, you look beautiful! I think towards the end of our pregnancies, we're swollen EVERYWHERE, and other mothers know that.

I know that this wouldn't be convienent for you at all, but you can always scan pictures at copy stores, such as kinkos or wherever, of if you really want, you can snail mail them to me and I can scan them for you :) Its just so much fun to participate.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

You look cute!!

I don't have many of me pregnant either. I swelled up like a balloon.