Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Flickr and Twitter!

New house applique pillow, have to list on Etsy later today!

I was wondering if having a twitter account for my mostly Etsy related updates/items was going to pay off. Well it did this week! I advertised my $5 earring sale on Twitter, and I had one sale definitely related to twitter, and sold a necklace related to twitter, and three other pairs of earrings that may have been related to twitter. On twitter I am twitter.com/etsycoffee. Oh, I also got a sale from someone who became a fan of my facebook fan page! And a friend also bought some pillow items from me yesterday too.

Flickr, as I have mentioned before, has been useful for getting my items seen by various people. And that also means occasionally being featured on a blog. I was again today! Visit this cool blog, Lova Revolutionary to see my pillow shown, which is not yet for sale on Etsy but I uploaded to flickr last night and submitted it to one of the group pools I belong to. And this morning, it was on the blog associated with the Lova Revolutionary blog flickr pool.

As other Etsians who sell know, you spend lots of time working on your etsy shop(s) and thinking of ideas. It's just nice when you start to see more fruit of your labor.

As for the pillow above, I'd also like to offer it in a variety of color schemes. I have lots of fabric scraps that come in handy for this type of design. So for instance if the colors do not match someone's decor, I could probably do custom work for a variety of color needs. Pinks, red, blues, greens, browns, etc.

Tomorrow afternoon we are leaving for Alabama to visit my parents, sister and assorted friends who live there. We are staying for a couple days. I have to get things ready today for our trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute pillow!!!