Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Strawberry Cupcakes

For Valentine's Day I decided to make strawberry cupcakes. I already had adorable strawberry printed cupcake liners from Michael's that I got for $1. I also had fresh strawberries. I decided to use pinterest to find a recipe since I like seeing the cupcakes and reading a small description before clicking. I found one and clicked through to the blogged recipe at Cooking with Amy! I had all the ingredients I needed, including the low fat vanilla yogurt!But I was missing an ounce or two of yogurt, so I just added a little milk to the batter while mixing. It was a firmer batter than usual cake batter, so if you attempt these, don't let that scare you. You might have to 'plop' the batter into each cupcake liner in the pan.

There is also a homemade strawberry frosting recipe under the cupcake recipe(on the link). It's simple, but so tasty! I made everything last night and kept the cupcakes and frosting, separate, overnight in the fridge. I frosted them this morning.

Yum, fresh diced strawberries inside the cupcakes. And smashed strawberries with confectioner's sugar and a little butter in the frosting. It became pink just from mixing it all together.
I also got some roses on Valentine's Day!


No comments: