Friday, July 6, 2012

Green Smoothies

I really love having spinach smoothies lately! At first I wondered if it'd taste like spinach. But with the ingredients I put in, I don't taste it. And now I like having a green colored smoothie! It just feels right.

My smoothie this morning:
The first Green Monster smoothie Kavi had, a couple months ago:
And Kavi likes them! A good way for him to get some spinach and other nutritional things. I saw similar smoothies called a Green Monster smoothie, so that's what we call it!

What I normally throw into the blender for the two of us:
1 banana
A tablespoon of peanut butter
1/4-1/2 cup uncooked plain oatmeal
Two (or more) cups of almond milk. I prefer vanilla flavored. If we don't have that, plain milk would work, or a mix of milk and vanilla yogurt
A few ice cubes
A cup or so of spinach leaves

I blend it until it's nice and green. It's tasty and refreshing. You'd have to like banana and peanut butter to like it.

My recipe inspirations:




1 comment:

Devon said...

I WISH I liked smoothies.. but the consistency just weirds me out. I don't like the way it feels in my mouth. Too bad they weren't the same texture as a slushie... then I'd be drinking them all of the time!! More power to you (and Kavi) for drinking your Green Monsters!